A new twist on an old favorite. Make these easy-to-stuff meatballs and enjoy the flavorful surprise of cheese oozing out of every tasty bite. Perfect game day dinner!
Skillet Spaghetti & Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs
Course: Main Course
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 jar Bertolli® Marinara Sauce
- 1½ tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 12 3/4 –inch pieces
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained
Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, ¼ cup Sauce, Parmesan cheese and egg in medium bowl. Shape into 12 meatballs. Press 1 cheese cube into center of each meatball, enclosing completely.
Brown meatballs in 12-inch nonstick skillet; drain fat if desired. Add remaining sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes or until meatballs are done. Serve with spaghetti.
photography by Paul Gelsobello Studio
Food Stylist: Cathy Paukner
Prop Sylist: Deb Ruggieri