When the weather outside is frightful, comfort food is what you need. But sometimes you just don’t have all day to cook.
Chicken, spinach and white beans come together to create a hearty, comforting one-dish meal that everyone in your family will love.
This dish tastes like it’s been simmering for hours, when in reality it only needs thirty minutes to cook thanks to boneless chicken thighs. They deliver on flavor but cook more quickly than bone-in chicken pieces.
Serve this stew like dish with crusty bread and a glass of red wine. A perfect way to warm up on a cold winter day.
- 1 can Chef’s Joy Butter Flavor Non-Stick Cooking Spray
- 6 slices bacon , cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves , crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 small onion , sliced
- 2 cloves garlic , sliced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or water
- 1 can (14 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz.) cannellini or white kidney beans , rinsed and drained
- 1 package (7 oz.) baby spinach
Spray 12-inch skillet with Chef's Joy spray. Cook bacon over medium heat 6 minutes or until crisp; remove. Season chicken with thyme, salt and pepper. In same skillet, over medium heat, brown chicken 6 to 8 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet; set aside.
Add onion and cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add wine and bring to a boil over high heat, stirring to scrape up brown bits from bottom of skillet. Stir in tomatoes and chicken and reduce heat to low. Simmer covered, 15 minutes. Stir in bacon, beans and spinach. Simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
photography by Paul Gelsobello Studio
Food Stylist: Cathy Paukner
Food Stylist Assistant/Art Direction: Lauren Dellabella
Prop Stylist: Heather Bean