Here’s a winning recipe for your Superbowl buffet. So easy to make, yet looks so impressive. Football fans of any team will love these mini football taco’s.
Game Day Fiesta Flats
Course: Main Course
Servings: 6 serving
- 1 4.2 oz package ORTEGA Fiesta Flats Taco Shells
- 1 pound ground beef or pork
- 1 1.25 oz. package ORTEGA Taco Seasoning Mix ORTEGA Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 10 oz. can ORTEGA Mild Red Enchilada Sauce
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 1 oz. package ORTEGA Guacamole Seasoning Mix
- shredded lettuce
- 1 slice white cheddar cheese sliced into 1/8-inch strips
Crush 6 Fiesta Flat Taco Shells. Combine crumbs, pork and Taco Seasoning.
Form into 6 4” x 2” oval patties. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add patties and cook, turning once, until browned. Add Enchilada Sauce and bring to a boil. Simmer 15 minutes or until patties are done.
Meanwhile, mash avocados and stir in Guacamole Seasoning Mix.
To serve, spoon guacamole into Fiesta Flats, top with lettuce and patties. Arrange cheese strips to resemble ‘laces’ on a football. Serve with enchilada and taco sauce.
photography by Paul Gelsobello Studio