- 1 can Baker's Joy¨ non-stick spray with flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1-1/2 cups bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Frangelica or other hazelnut flavored liquor
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 9-inch round cake pan with Baker's Joy cooking spray.
Melt 1/2 cup butter and 1 cup chocolate chips in medium saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in espresso powder, sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt. Stir in flour just until blended. Spread batter into prepared pan.
Bake 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out almost clean. Do not overbake. Cool 15 minutes on wire rack. Remove from pan and cool completely.
Meanwhile, bring cream just a boil. Remove from heat and stir in remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips until melted; stir in Frangelico. Let cool, slightly, to thicken, stirring occasionally.
Place rack with cake on waxed paper, then pour ganache in center of cake. Spread the edge with spatula, allowing some ganache to drip down sides of torte. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Garnish with raspberries or chopped hazelnuts, if desired.