There are so many things that I love about summer, it’s hard to know where to start. Long days that end in gorgeous sunsets, moonlit nights with soft warm breezes. Chill time with family and friends. And then there’s the summer food. If you’re lucky enough to live in New Jersey like I do, there’s no end to great summer food, whether it’s sausage sandwiches on the boardwalk, crabs and clams that you’ve pulled from the bay or fresh fruits and veggies from the local farmers market. But one thing summer food shouldn’t be, is fussy.
Here’s a side salad that takes full advantage of the great produce showing up a farmers markets and farm stands right now, yet it’s light and fresh and so easy to pull together. It’s a great recipe to make in the morning, so it’s ready to go alongside whatever you’re grilling after the beach. You can add some cut up cooked chicken or shrimp to make this a main dish too.
- 1 12-ounce package Green Giant® Riced Cauliflower, cooked according to package directions and cooled
- 1 9-ounce package Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers Niblets Corn, cooked according to package directions and cooled
- 1 cup quartered grape tomatoes
- 1 medium zucchini chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar