- 3 Tbsp. lime juice , divided
- 2 Tbsp. tequila , divided
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/2 tsp. chipotle chili powder
- 3/4 tsp. salt , divided
- 1 lb. mahi-mahi fillets or other firm white fish fillet
- 1 can Griller’s Joy Grilling Non-Stick Cooking Spray High Temperature Formula
- 1/2 pineapple , cored, peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch thick wedges
- 1 mango , peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper , seeded and chopped
- 1 avocado , diced
- 3 green onions , chopped
- 1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeno pepper , seeded and chopped (optional)
Combine 2 tablespoons lime juice, 1 tablespoon tequila, garlic and chipotle chili powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Pour marinade over fish and marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes
Spray grill grates with Griller's Joy spray and preheat grill to medium. Grill pineapple 6 to 8 minutes until tender and slightly charred. Remove pineapple, chop and combine with remaining ingredients.
Grill mahi-mahi fillets 8 minutes, turning once, until fish flakes. Serve salsa over fish.
Serving suggestion: Serve with warmed flour or corn tortillas for a delicious fish taco.
Cooks Tip: The heat from jalapeno comes from it’s seeds, so remove them for a more mild dish. If you like it extra spicy, you can leave some or all of the seeds in the jalapeno. Remember to always be careful when handling jalapeno’s. Wear gloves or wash hands very thoroughly after handling and be careful to not rub your face or eyes.