Easter, when the ordinary egg takes center stage. You’ll find them colorfully dyed, hiding in Easter baskets or on the table mixed with delicious ingredients. Deviled eggs have traditionally been an Easter staple. New twists on old ideas bring them front and center. This recipe combines the traditional sweet and tangy flavors with smoky goodness from gouda and crumbled bacon – because of course… everything’s better with bacon.
- 12 hard cooked eggs peeled and halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Beemster Smoked Gouda
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 3 green onions chopped (optional)
Remove egg yolks, reserving egg whites.
Lightly mash egg yolks in small bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients.
Spoon or pipe into egg whites. Garnish with additional Beemster, bacon and green onion, if desired. Refrigerate until ready to serve.