If you haven’t yet had Spoon Bread, you are definitely missing out. A Southern classic, it’s a little bit savory pudding, little bit polenta and a little bit cornbread all at the same time. It’s a great addition to your Thanksgiving menu. This simple side has become a favorite at our Thanksgiving table. Crispy Onions add both flavor and crunch to balance out the sweet and creamy texture from the corn.
- 1 14 3/4 ounce can cream-style corn
- 1 11 oz. can corn, drained
- 1 6-1/2 to 8-1/2 oz. package corn muffin mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp. FRENCH'S® Classic Yellow® Sweet Mustard
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/3 cups FRENCH'S® Crispy Fried Onions Caramelized Flavored
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a shallow 2-quart baking dish.
Combine corn, corn muffin mix, sour cream, butter, Mustard, egg and 2/3 cup Onions. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish
Bake 40 minutes until mixture is set. Top with remaining Onions and bake 5 minutes or until Onions are golden.
photography by Paul Gelsobello Studio, Food Stylist: Cathy Paukner